Your child's academic success begins with regular attendance.
Here’s what the research shows:
- Students who attend school regularly score higher on achievement tests than their peers who are frequently absent.
- When your child is absent he or she loses academic instruction that affects learning, grades, and achievement scores.
- When your child misses even one day of school, it takes TWO days just to catch up, according to the U.S. Department of Education.
- Students who are frequently absent have lower grades and are more likely to drop out.
- Students who drop out often have limited job prospects.
- When your child is absent, he or she misses the social experiences, lessons, and relationships that help with fitting in and succeeding in school and life.
- Our staff is here to support you and your child.
- Please contact us right away if there are problems that affect your child’s ability to attend school, and we will do our best to help.