Chromebooks @ Home Program
Technology Resources for Families
As we transition to Distance Learning, we are working with various school sites to get educational devices and connectivity options into the hands of students and families to ensure teaching and learning can continue anytime, anywhere, to support teaching and learning to the greatest extent possible. While schools are temporarily closed, the San Ysidro School District (SYSD) will make available Chromebook laptop devices to students in grades 5-8 who may not otherwise have access to a computer at home. All devices will be on loan to families and are to be returned at the end of the academic year.
Please select file below to download --- Por favor seleccione el archivo a continuación para descargar
- SYSD Student User Agreement Parent Permission Form
- SYSD Acuerdo de Usuario del Estudiante y Acuerdo de Permiso de los Padres
- Board Policy 6163.4 Student Use of Technology
- Board Policy 6163.4 Uso Estudiantil de la Tecnología
- Acceptable Use Agreemetn and Release of District from Liability (Students) (Board Policy 6163.4, Exhibit A-D)
- Acuedo de Uso Aceptable y Liberacion del Distrito de Responsabilidad (Estudiantes) (Póliza de la Junta 6163.4, Anexo A-D)
Need a Device?
If your student needs to borrow a district device, please see the device distribution schedule below:
Here are some helpful resources for parents and students to help with student devices
Getting Started with your Chromebook
Laptop Care and Use at Home
We always recommend that students:
Charge the laptop fully each night - it may also be used while plugged in
Use the laptop in a common area of the house - avoid using outside
Use the laptop on a desk or table - avoid using or leaving it on floors
Keep the laptop away from food, liquid, and pets
Note: Many issues with Chromebooks can be resolved by restarting the device.