Walking To/From School Bus Stops
- Go directly to and from the bus stop.
- Plan the safest route with the fewest streets to cross.
- If possible cross streets at corners, using crosswalks if available. Look in all directions before crossing, and when safe, walk across the street. Always obey traffic signals.
- Do not run out in the street from between parked vehicles or shrubbery.
- Walk to and from school bus stops out of the roadway facing traffic.
- Never accept a ride from a stranger.
- Leave home early enough so you do not have to run to catch your bus.