The San Ysidro School District is committed to promoting awareness of the unique educational needs of military children by:
- Assisting in school transition and registration.
- Providing information for academic support and resources.
- Engaging in school and community partnership initiatives that foster academic success.
For further information please contact Veronica Medina; Student and Family Services Manager at (619) 428-4476 x 3083 or at email@example.com
Our School Liaison Officer is Mindy Hayes; who is stationed at the Coronado Naval Base. Mrs. Hayes supports, assists, and creates a connection between school districts, military installations, and military families. Contact Information (619) 991-2509 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are several resources to support military families in San Diego. Below is a list of the most frequently used by our Military Families:
- Fleet & Family Support Center – Resources and information for active duty, retired, and reserve members. Deployment, financial counseling, relocation, and exceptional family member support are just a few of the many services provided by FFSC. The contact number is 866-923-6478. http://navylifesw.com/sandiego/families/
- Military Child & Youth Programs – A wide variety of programs for military children ages three to seventeen. Programs include recreation facilities, field trips, teen programming, special events, and more. Contact at http://navylifesw.com/sandiego/families/cyp/
- Military One Source Military - Life topics, confidential help, children, youth and teens, deployment, and other topics and resources. Contact Information 800-342-9647 http://www.militaryonesource.mil/
- Military One Source: ROC - This Exceptional Family Member Program resource provides military families with special needs resources, options, and consultations. https://www.militaryonesource.mil/leaders-service-providers/efmp-special-needs/2018-efmp-roc-toolkit
- Military Child Education Coalition - MCEC identifies unique challenges facing military-connected children, increases awareness of these challenges in military and educational communities. http://www.militarychild.org/8. Tutor.com
- Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society – Financial assistance and counseling, quick assist loans, education assistance, emergency travel, disaster relief, and more. Contact Information 619-767-6800, http://www.nmcrs.org/locations/entry/san-diego
- The FOCUS Project – Provides resilience training to military children, families, and couples, Contact Information 619-556-6075, https://www.focusproject.org/
- Courage to Call – Courage to call is dedicated to improving mental wellness for Veterans, Active Duty, Reservists, National Guardsmen, and their families in San Diego County. Contact Information - Military members can call the 24/7 helpline at 877-698-7838 or dial 211 and select option 4. https://www.courage2call.org/
- San Diego Military Family Collaborative -Several resources, information, and free events are available to military families. Contact Information 858-496-0044 http://sdmilitaryfamily.org/
- San Diego Armed Services YMCA – The Armed Services YMCA San Diego serves the families of those who serve in our military, offering specialized counseling, educational, and social programs that help them cope, connect, and thrive. Contact Information 858-751-5755, https://www.asymca.org/san-diego-home
- United Through Reading Military Program – Connects military families who are separated for deployment or military assignment by providing the bonding experience of shared storytime. Contact Information 858-481-7323, https://unitedthroughreading.org/
- Zero8hundred - Provides a one-stop-shop resource hub. https://www.zero8hundred.org/
- Family Forces Counseling – Family Forces has been providing outpatient counseling services for the military community in the San Diego region and surrounding areas for over a decade. Contact Information 858-277-7907, https://www.familyforces.org/
- Operation Homefront – This is a nonprofit organization with several programs dedicated to assisting military families for the past 15 years. Program support includes critical financial relief, housing support, and various programs throughout the year. Contact Information 858-242-4995, https://www.operationhomefront.org/aboutus